South Dakota Athletic Training
The SDATA is a professional organization of certified athletic trainers in the state of South Dakota.
As District V members of the National Athletic Trainers Association (NATA), we support the mission of the NATA: to enhance the quality of health care
for the athletic population through education and research in prevention, evaluation, management and rehabilitation of injuries.
- To advance, encourage, and improve the athletic training profession by developing standards for education and practice in South Dakota.
- To promote better working relationships among those persons interested and involved with the problems inherent in caring for the health and well-being of the physically active.
- To enhance the professional capabilities of each of its members by the dissemination and exchange of information.
- To serve the common interest of the membership by encouraging and providing the opportunity for the free exchange of ideas among members of the athletic training profession.
- To promote state legislation to protect the needs and interests of the public and the rights of qualified persons involved with athletic training.